Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reading Nook Project

Thanks to two amazing and innovative bloggers, I was able to come up with this:

The shelves are actually rain gutters!  I got the idea from Raising Olives.  And I've been wanting some vinyl word art but, alas, finances have not made it possible..  so when I ran across thee most wonderful Thirfty Decor Chick, I decided to give it a go myself!  And... voila!  As you can see, we now have a lovely little reading nook.  Been wanting one for my girls for some time and I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

I also put together this pillow for my girls:




I took apart two old couch throw pillows and sewed a new cover using scraps of material I had.  I didn't have enough of just one material so I decided to use three!  Stuffed it with some extra stuffing I had and decided to close it in a not so traditional way. 

My goal is to try and figure out a way to add a reading lamp or some sort of extra light for the nook.  Will have to give that some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment